Welcome back to another edition of my guest participation in the One Room Challenge (ORC) hosted by Calling It Home. In case this is the first time you’re hearing about the ORC, please catch up on these previous posts here: Week 1 // Week 2 // Week 3
The space that I’m making over for this challenge is our upper patio deck. We’ve gotten quite a few rainy days the past week so my projects have been limited. Nevertheless, I’m thrilled that I was able to revamp the set of bamboo chairs that I bought at a flea market…almost 2 years ago. Yes, that long ago!
The chairs only cost $14.00 together! My husband thought they were hideous but I knew they were going to come out fab with some paint and new cushions. Literally months after I bought these chairs, I started seeing them everywhere! Just like fashion, furniture styles come back in vogue years later.
Note: Affiliate links are provided below for convenience. For more info, see my full disclosure here.
This is how the chairs looked after spraying 3 coats of Rust-Oleum white paint (Glossy finish). You can purchase here — Rust Oleum 280718 American Accents Ultra Cover 2X Spray Paint, Gloss White, 12-Ounce
I also sprayed some Scotchgard water and sun shield spray (you can order here) to seal the chairs further.
I’m in love with this new seat cushion that I bought from T.J. Maxx. Good thing it came in a set of two! At $29.00, this was a great buy!
Remember that adorable Ikat pillow that I shared in last week’s post? It seems to go perfectly with the black and white seat cushions!
Like how this makeover turned out? Please PIN/Save/Share. Thanks!
Look how amazing these chairs look together as a pair!
Our Roxie sure loves the new look! 😉
Besides revamping my vintage bamboo chairs, I did some more shopping for my patio makeover. Here are 3 items that I purchased:
1) Tan Curtains – These aren’t labeled outdoor curtains but with a little “Never Wet” spray, I’ll make them suitable for the outdoors. 🙂
2) Black Planters – I bought four of these planters from Home Depot. Can’t wait to fill them with flowers!
3) Outdoor Dining Set. I finally made up my mind on which dining set to get! I just ordered this from Wayfair the other day and the set should arrive next week.
Here’s what’s left with my main “To Do’s” for this challenge:
1. Powerwash entire deck and repaint floor boards
2. Reinforce pergola nuts and bolts and
spray paint any spots showing rust.
Repaint/upcycle bamboo chairs
4. String outdoor lights around pergola
5. Redo planters around wood deck
6. Lots of shopping!!
Outdoor curtains (84 inch length)
Outdoor rug (6’x9′ size)
Dining set (seating 4)
– Tropical plants (lots of them!)
– Outdoor decor (
hanging lanterns, outdoor pillows, tableware, grill cover, candle holders, and battery operated candles)
Wow, just 2 more weeks left before I reveal our new “Tropical Outdoor Dining Oasis.” Thanks for following along my progress, lovely readers! Xoxo, Tee