For my daughter, Ellie’s birthday this year, we decided to throw her a “Frozen” themed birthday/DVD release party at our house. Since seeing the movie, she has become an epic fan of anything related to the movie. While hosting a party at home always requires more work, it does allow total freedom to go crazy with decorations! Oh, that we did. Seeing the excitement on Ellie’s face throughout the shopping and decorating process was worth every kernel of popcorn I had to vacuum after the party.
Here are all the details that made the party special and whimsical for us:
1) Snack/cake table display. When I ordered the Olaf decal, I knew I had to create a “speech bubble” stating my favorite quote from the movie: “Some people are worth melting for.” Don’t we all feel this way about our loved ones?
2) Close up of snack/cake display table
3) Birthday sign next to the decals and Elsa lithograph
4) Seating for 15 royals! Our 2 girls plus 13 of their buddies. Check out the “icicles” made out of silver and blue beads, hanging off our pendant light.
5) Nuggets, fries, and fruit salad. We know what kids like 🙂
6) After the royal party finished their meals, they were all given a “movie treat bucket” to add to their “movie” experience!
7) After the movie, it was CAKE time!
8) After cake time, the kids were given marshmallows, honey and butter sticks, & paper straws to “build their very own” snowman.
9) Favors for the kids. The girls got Anna & Elsa watches while the boys got Skylanders.
We had so much fun planning and hosting Ellie’s Frozen-themed birthday/DVD release party! It lasted 3 hours and everything went off without a hitch. The kids were happy and preoccupied while the adults got a chance to chat and eat in p.e.a.c.e. I’d say it was a total win for all! In closing, here’s a look at our “Frozen display” sprinkled with some Elsa ice magic! 😉
If you’re not already subscribed to Beauteeful Living‘s blog and wish to receive posts via email (plus future exclusive newsletters), please subscribe here :