Today marks 6 months since the launch of my little blog, Beauteeful Living! Over the course of these months, I’ve had some pretty wonderful things happen. One of the highlights is certainly being nominated for a Sunshine Award by Emily at Our House, Now a Home. Emily is one of the first bloggers I have met in the online world. See, there are people online who aren’t scary. 🙂
What is the Sunshine award? In a nutshell, a blogger is nominated and recognized by a fellow blogger as being one of their favorite bloggers. The process is they share 11 random facts about themselves and answer 11 questions by the blogger that nominated them. The other component is the nominated blogger chooses 11 other fellow bloggers. I’m never the one to follow the rules to a science, so that latter part will be done in a future post. I can’t wait to share with you some of my favorite bloggers around! I assure you Emily is one of them. She has been a subscriber of my blog since the very beginning. As a subscriber of hers, I’ve always enjoyed the positive point of view and warm demeanor she exudes in all her posts. Emily also features cool home projects and redos. Now to the Sunshine award specifics:
11 Random Facts About Me
1) Conversation is important to me. If you’re next to me, I’m going to talk to you. It doesn’t matter if you’re a stranger.
2) I am a fickle pickle when it comes to home decor. I am forever changing up things in my home.
3) I LIVE to eat. Most of my travel itineraries revolve around “where to eat” and not necessarily “what to do.”
4) I have a fear of blood (hemophobia). Don’t ask me how I went through 2 pregnancies.
5) I usually end my sentences with “ya know.” Must…Stop…That…Soon
6) I often start my sentences with “you know what’s funny?”
7) I love throwing parties, mainly because I can decorate and buy more stuff.
8) I don’t have a sweet tooth. I’ll choose a pack of chips over cookies any time. With kids now, I’ve cut back on snacking.
9) I wash my hands & tidy up the house way too often since becoming a parent. Borderline, OCD-ish.
10) I was the biggest tomboy growing up. That started to change after Junior H.S. Nowadays, I think people always assume I’m prissy because on the exterior, I look like a girlie-girl. You might be surprised.
11) I love my kids and husband to the moon and back…500 times over. But you knew that, right? 🙂
Questions from Emily from Our House, Now a Home
1. What is your favorite thing about blogging? What keeps you going?
Sharing snap shots of things that I’m most passionate about. What keeps me going is the wonderful support and feedback I have received during this early process. Blogging does take time but after a post has been completed, I feel a sense of accomplishment. They serve as time stamps for me.
2. Do you have a movie that no matter how many times you have seen it you sit and watch it. Enjoying it just as you did the first time. If so, what movie is it, and why do you love it?
Liar, Liar with Jim Carey. Just too funny.
3. What was the first moment you truly felt like an adult?
Going away to college. I couldn’t believe the freedom. I don’t think I abused my privileges.
4. How old were you when you had your first kiss? Tell the story if you are so inclined
Sorry, I don’t “kiss and tell.” 😉
5. What is your favorite food?
Soup. I can have soup morning, noon, and night. Every day. That doesn’t mean it happens though.
6. Favorite TV show growing up?
Three’s Company and Golden Girls. I was way too young for those shows but they were so funny!
7. How and where did you meet your significant other? If no significant other how and where did you meet your best friend?
Freshman year in college (University at Albany).
8. What did you want to be when you grew up as a child? Tell me those childhood dreams!
I wanted to be an Editor-in-Chief of a magazine. This blog is my little taste of editorial life. 🙂
9. Why do you live where you live? What made you pick the city location or house you live in. You can answer both or just one.
After renting in our town for 2 years, we decided it was time to buy. We live in a very family-friendly town. Always a plus when people are nice too.
10. Who was your favorite Teacher growing up, and why?
Mr. Janchevski. He was one of my H.S. teachers. He believed in me and had a dry sense of humor that was both witty and sarcastic.
11. When encountering someone with extremely different political views than you, do you try to get them to see your ways, by engaging in a debate. Or let them think what they think and move on with your own views still in tact? Why?
I will always state my own opinion. Difference between my approach nowadays versus before: Back in the days, I will debate the person till the cows come home, till they surrender because they simply can’t out talk me. Nowadays, I don’t put too much effort in swaying someone’s opinion, especially if their opinions are completely opposite. People are hardwired on their beliefs. My energy is better served elsewhere…like my family and this blog. 🙂
This is not one of my typical posts. I hope you enjoyed it. Thank you again, Emily for the nomination. I’m so honored. 🙂 I’d like to end this with a little shout out in light of this blog’s 6 month anniversary: