Birthday parties in fall are extra festive because of all the fun autumn themes. In the past, I’ve always had pumpkins and the color orange as the main decorative elements in the parties I throw for our fall baby, Lauren. This year, with her enrollment in dance, I opted for a Pumpkin Ballerina birthday theme!
Because of the theme of the party (Ballerina Hair & Makeup Makeover), we decided to make this a girls-only party. You can only imagine the cuteness of 12 girly girls in their tutus. Let’s get to the photos!
1) The main birthday display. We used pink and purple as the main color scheme.
2) Hanging tulle pom poms (made by yours truly) 🙂 and hanging lanterns from Oh Joy for Target fall collection.
3) Little details make all the difference: Picture frames of ballerinas and purple tulle around vase.
4) I hung tulle pom poms and ballerina ornaments on our pendant light.
HAIR AND MAKE UP
1) The birthday girl and her guests were all given ballerina makeovers. I made tulle hair clips for each of the girls.
2) The birthday girl getting her hair done by hairdresser/make up artist.
3) It’s now on to some light make up. Some shimmer for the eyes, gloss for the lips, and light blush.
E.A.S.Y. CRAFT FOR KIDS
1) The display on our table had a sample “pumpkin ballerina” as well as sign that read, “let’s make pumpkin ballerinas!”
2) What each child was given and what some of them made. All very pretty. 🙂
1) Right before singing “happy birthday,” each child was given a ballerina noise maker. Let’s make some noise for the birthday girl!
2) Love how the cake tied in with theme of the party.
3) All smiles from our little pumpkin birthday girl. 🙂
1) Party favors: In those pretty favor boxes (see main display table) were these ballerina-centric items.
2) End of party, mommy + me photo.
There will be an upcoming post that gets into the details of this party, which I’d love to share with you. I hope you’ve enjoyed this post as much as I’ve enjoyed selecting the photos from the party. As I look at all the parties and events that my husband and I (as well as all parents) throw for our kids, I realize all the effort is really about one thing:
Chasing smiles and joy.
While they may be fleeting moments, it never gets old seeing the joy in the faces of our loved ones. They are all worthy to be celebrated. And what better than a birthday to do that? Happy 4th birthday, Lauren. We. Love. You. Silly. Goose!
If you’ve enjoyed this post, I think you’ll like future posts. Best way to follow along is by subscribing to blog via email. Like, Share, or Pin this post to show your support. As always, I’d love to hear your thoughts! Xoxo, Tee.