Birthday parties in fall are extra festive because of all the fun autumn themes. In the past, I’ve always had pumpkins and the color orange as the main decorative elements in the parties I throw for our fall baby, Lauren. This year, with her enrollment in dance, I opted for a Pumpkin Ballerina birthday theme!
Because of the theme of the party (Ballerina Hair & Makeup Makeover), we decided to make this a girls-only party. You can only imagine the cuteness of 12 girly girls in their tutus. Let’s get to the photos!
1) The main birthday display. We used pink and purple as the main color scheme.
2) Hanging tulle pom poms (made by yours truly) 🙂 and hanging lanterns from Oh Joy for Target fall collection.
3) Little details make all the difference: Picture frames of ballerinas and purple tulle around vase.
4) I hung tulle pom poms and ballerina ornaments on our pendant light.
HAIR AND MAKE UP
1) The birthday girl and her guests were all given ballerina makeovers. I made tulle hair clips for each of the girls.
2) The birthday girl getting her hair done by hairdresser/make up artist.
3) It’s now on to some light make up. Some shimmer for the eyes, gloss for the lips, and light blush.
E.A.S.Y. CRAFT FOR KIDS
1) The display on our table had a sample “pumpkin ballerina” as well as sign that read, “let’s make pumpkin ballerinas!”
2) What each child was given and what some of them made. All very pretty. 🙂
1) Right before singing “happy birthday,” each child was given a ballerina noise maker. Let’s make some noise for the birthday girl!
2) Love how the cake tied in with theme of the party.
3) All smiles from our little pumpkin birthday girl. 🙂
1) Party favors: In those pretty favor boxes (see main display table) were these ballerina-centric items.
2) End of party, mommy + me photo.
3) It’s her birthday, she can have her lollipop and make silly expressions. 🙂
There will be an upcoming post that gets into the details of this party, which I’d love to share with you. I hope you’ve enjoyed this post as much as I’ve enjoyed selecting the photos from the party. As I look at all the parties and events that my husband and I (as well as all parents) throw for our kids, I realize all the effort is really about one thing:
Chasing smiles and joy.
While they may be fleeting moments, it never gets old seeing the joy in the faces of our loved ones. They are all worthy to be celebrated. And what better than a birthday to do that? Happy 4th birthday, Lauren. We. Love. You. Silly. Goose!
If you’ve enjoyed this post, I think you’ll like future posts. Best way to follow along is by subscribing to blog via email. Like, Share, or Pin this post to show your support. As always, I’d love to hear your thoughts! Xoxo, Tee.
Wow, she is gorgeous & great idea!!! Happy belated birthday Sweet Lauren !
Thanks so much! Please include your name next time so I know who to address :). Thanks for commenting.
This is the cutest little party I’ve ever seen. Her dress is adorable. I know want a daughter!! I have all boys.
Thanks so much for the compliment, Deanna. Girls rock…boys too! 🙂
Oh my gosh. What a cute party idea.
Very creative! I hope you enjoyed the day. I would love to see a tutorial of the decorations you made.
You made that such a special day and event for her. The sweet little touches were just right!
Looks like she had an awesome day and you did an amazing job!
Oh my goodness!!! She’s quite the lovely birthday girl!!!! I am loving the entire theme! How fun!
Thanks so much, Jaime!
I love your idea for those tulle pompoms. I’ll try to make them.
Too cute! I love all the decorations, especially the hanging lanterns and pom poms.
Looks like the kids had a great time!
Is the hanging tule pom poms from the Oh Joy collection too, or did you make them? If you made them I need to know how! They are adorable!!!!
Hi Nancy. Yes, I made those tulle pom poms. I could describe how to make them but it’s probably easier if you just do a search on YouTube. It’s simpler to follow along through video :). Maybe I’ll start doing DIY videos in future ;).
I love the Pom-poms and pumpkin ballerinas!! Very creative. Everything looks amazing.
I love how you chose to decorate! It’s such a fun theme and I’m willing to bet your daughter loved it!
I love how you incorporated the fall season into your ballerina theme, very cute idea decorating the pumpkins tutus!
Wow! You throw amazing parties. I love the makeup and pumpkin stations, not to mention I LOVE your daughters dress!
Thanks so much, Tabitha.
Wow!! looks like every little girls dream celebration!! LOVE it!
Such a fun party! The tulle pom poms were a great touch! I love how they look, but mine never turn out looking that way 🙂
Your tulle poms are beautiful!That just gave me an idea for a fall bbq under the tent.
What a fun party! That is every little girls dream 🙂
This looks like it was such a cute and fun party!
We had so much fun at the party.
Tee you are such a thoughtful hostess. Happy Birthday Lauren!
Aww, thanks Cari! We’re so glad you and Lexi were able to make it. Looking forward to next playdate/lunch date 🙂
Such a cute idea! It looks like they had a lot of fun!
That looks like so much fun!!! I’m hoping my baby girl loves ballet because I would love to do something like this for her one day. And I love how you incorporated Fall with the pumpkins! I’ll have to pin this to remember in the future!
Thanks for the kinds words, Claire.
Wow how creative! You can see all the hard work and love you put into this party. Your little girl is so blessed to have a mommy that cares so much!
Thanks so much, Miranda!
You are so creative. I wish i was there getting pretty too.
Thanks! Next time, makeover party for boys and dads too 😉